Dr Hanna Isaksson joined the Division of Solid Mechanics at Lund University in 2011. Since 2014, she and her group moved to join the newly formed Department of Biomedical Engineering at Lund University, and in 2018 she was promoted full professor.
Her reserach area is primarily bone biomechanics and mechanobiology, focusing on functional imaging and statistical shape modeling of bone, characterization of bone damage and fracture mechanisms as well as on improvement of bone quality during fracture repair. She is also interested in tendon biomechanics and mechanobiology, especially how loading affects the repairprocess of Achilles tendon ruptures. For more details on the research being done in the Biomechanics group, please visit the reserach pages.
Prior to joining Lund University, Dr Isaksson spend three years as a post-doctoral researcher at the Biophysics of Bone and Cartilage reserach group, University of Eastern Finland, working on experimental methods to determine bone quality in metabolic bone diseases, primarily osteoporosis. She obtained her PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, in a collaborative project with the AO Research institute in Davos, Switzerland. The project focused on mechanobiological modeling of bone regeneration.
She has authored over 100 peer-reviewed scientific papers, is a member of the Swedish Young Academy and the president of the Swedish Society of Biomechanics. Her full publication lists can be found at the tab above, or on google scholar.
Degrees and appointments
- Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Lund University (2018- )
- Associate professor (Universitetslektor), Biomedical Engineering, Lund University (2014-2018)
- Reader (Docent), Solid Mechanics, Lund University (2011)
- Assistant professor (Biträdande lektor), Solid Mechanics, Lund University (2011-2014)
- Adjunct professor (Docent), Biomechanics, University of Eastern Finland (2010)
- Postdoc, Dept. of Applied Physics, University of Eastern Finland (2008 - 2010).
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engng., Eindhoven Univ. of Technology, Netherlands (2007)
- M.Sc., Chemical Engng., Material Science, Uppsala University, Sweden (2003)